May 1889 The company is founded by Conrad
Bullnheimer, the merchant, and Albert Storch, the technician. First, it
is situated at the Vogeltorplatz in Augsburg, later moves to Maximilianstrasse.
1914 – 1918 World War I. slows down the company’s
expansive development and trade activities, especially outside of
1920 Conrad Bullnheimer’s daughter Gertrud joins the
company as limited partner and authorised signatory. At this point in
time, the company is undergoing a change from manufacture to trade.
around 1926 Peter Hoffmann, son-in-law of Albert
Storch, joins the company.
around 1930 The world economic crisis and inflation
force Bullnheimer & Co. to struggle for survival.
1930 – 1939 Resumption of old business relations:
Company representatives travel from South to North and through Eastern
1939 – 1945 With utmost economy and the strong will
to carry on, Gertrud Bullnheimer ensures the company to survive in the
hard times of World War II and proves female strength in a “men’s
1945 and 1946 Justus Bullnheimer and Kurt Hoffmann,
the grandsons of the company’s founders, return from war after having
been wounded and taken captive. They join the company which, on a
European level, starts regaining its former strength in a relatively
short period of time.
1953 Justus Bullnheimer and Kurt Hoffmann become
general partners. The company moves to Schaezlerstrasse.
1957 The master watch maker Hubert Zitzmann joins the
company to provide expert knowledge on watch technology and to support
the management. In addition to that, he works as a company
representative in the field.
1961 The introduction of self-service by Bullnheimer
& Co. along with the respective facilities, packaging and sales aids is
a significant milestone which, at that time sceptically observed,
nowadays is an absolute must in sales.
1964 Elisabeth Bullnheimer and Helene Hoffmann, the
wives of Justus Bullnheimer and Kurt Hoffmann, now also get involved in
the family business; they become authorised signatories and associates.
Elisabeth Bullnheimer takes on responsibility for the accounting
records. At the same time, Hubert Zitzmann becomes authorised signatory
1965 On the initiative of Bullnheimer & Co., several
leading wholesalers in Germany and abroad get together for joint
activities. The cooperation “Technic-report” comes into being.
1968 In parallel to watch and jewellery technology,
the business unit of electronics is starting to grow. It is the time of
rapid developments and new technologies. The era of electronics and
quartz merges with conventional horology and traditional precision. The
company now represents brands from Germany and abroad which are well
known all over the world. Over the years, fair activities are increasing
1971 In the seventies, there is a lot of technical
and organisational changes and innovations which involve extensive
travel activities. Dedication, the will to succeed and strong personal
commitment of Justus Bullnheimer and Kurt Hoffmann, supported by Hubert
Zitzmann and responsible employees, is what characterises these years of
Dieter Bullnheimer, Dipl.-Ing. FH for precision
engineering and economics, joins the company in succession to his father
who passed away in autumn of 1980.
1989 Effective January 1st, 1989 Dieter
Bullnheimer takes on the company shares formerly held by Kurt Hoffmann.
From now on, Elisabeth Bullnheimer and her son Dieter are holders of
Bullnheimer & Co. GmbH & Co. KG.
1991 Move to the new company building - Im Tal 12,
86179 Augsburg, Germany - with approximately 1.400 sqm available for
offices and spacious storing facilities.
1994 The fully revised version of the Tools Catalogue
in German, English and French language is completed. 20.000 copies are
printed and made available to wholesalers.
1998 Bullnheimer & Co. takes on sales responsibility
for the top battery brand Energizer.
1999 Elisabeth Bullnheimer, limited partner and head
of accounting, retires after more than 35 years. Silvia Bullnheimer
takes on her company shares and assists the management. Silvia
Bullnheimer and Werner Denzel, head of purchasing, become authorised
signatories. The fully revised version of the Spare Parts Catalogue for
watches and jewellery, FX2000, is presented to the branch at the
Inhorgenta 1999 in Munich. With its enormous amount of full size
pictures, it is a clear and valuable reference book at daily work.
2000 After a construction period of 10 months, the
new warehouse is completed in July and is inaugurated with a big
celebration. With over 250 sqm, it offers plenty of space for large
volume goods such as workbenches, equipment of various kinds and big
machines. Also, it provides necessary storing facilities for packing
material and cartons.
2001 After almost 20 years in the company - first as
an apprentice, then in sales and later as one of the major company
representatives and customer contact in the field - Wolfgang Weiß
becomes authorised signatory.
2003 The Augusta Tools Catalogue, based on a new
concept and comprising more than 400 pages, is published. It is clearly
divided into the areas of ear piercing, machines, tools, equipment,
silver care and chemicals and quickly becomes a reference book for the
2004 Bullnheimer & Co. takes on sales responsibility
for Hagerty products, a brand which is well known all over the world.
New ways in the IT department result in the company’s website being
re-designed. Making information accessible as easily and quickly as
possible, is the basis of service for the technical wholesale trade in
the field of watches and jewellery, for the industry and its adjacent
2005 The whole extensive Augusta catalogue is being
translated into the Russian language and was printed in
about 10 000 copies. In cooperation with affiliate companies, Bullnheimer
tackles the Russian market and takes over the
distribution and service for some products of well known manufacturers to
guarantee a successful market launch.